>

Friday 14 October 2016

Pre-Alpha 3.4 / 3.5 Preview

There is now a sort of 'limited' gallery mode in the game, as you can cycle through the animations in the various locations. This is a much-requested feature which wound up being a bit easier to do than I anticipated, though it took a hella long time to fully implement. The details:

- For the hookin' spots this only gets unlocked whenever you reach the top tier animations. Look for a small arrow near the cum button. These don't currently include 'substitutions' (as in the three female lovers hopping in to take Soo's place) but they will soon enough.

- Ability-based animations are included, but only the animation for the ability you chose. To see a different ability animation you need to choose that ability in a different game. Any ability animations that don't yet exist currently have a placeholder which I'll remove once I get enough work done.

- You can cycle through the lover animations at their respective houses from the get-go, though two of the animations for each character (date- and item-unlocked animations) will not appear until you've done what needs to be done to make them show up in the first place. Please note that Sid and Su are (as I recall) broken in this regard, and have been fixed for the next update.

- You can also cycle through the landlord animations, including the end-date animations, once you've done something. It's not too difficult to figure out. This also includes the beast sleepover animations, though similar to the ability animations above you can only see one beast per playthrough.

- No cycling through the sewers animations yet. I'll either make a side area for that or leave it for a 'true' gallery mode.

Yep. Besides the limited gallery shiznit there are a few other things:

- For the moment I've removed the music. It made the game too damned big, and I don't think anybody cared anyway. I'll probably put it (or something else) back in once the game is completed. Again, I would like to make an 8-bit-ish soundtrack for the game personally, but that's gonna take a while. I have an ear for music, and can play the guitar, but very little experience actually composing tracks.

Though the .mp3s are gone, the placeholders where the music should be are not. I've simply replaced each track with about one second of silence, and it's looping harmlessly in the background. I've tested the game quite a bit and this doesn't seem to have any ill effects on overall performance, but let me know if things go wonky at all with your audio.

- The cum button cycles back to the beginning of an animation when clicked enough times. This may not work for every animation, keep in mind, and it obviously doesn't do anything for animations that do not have a cumshot animation. I haven't had enough time to fully mess with this so don't expect it to work for absolutely everything in the game, but I'd say 85% - 90% of the time it should work. 

- As more or less the sole graphical thing that got a significant update, the library now looks significantly different. I did this so I can add background peeps, though I didn't have time to make tiny sprites this week. Expect one or two such peoples next week.

- Added checkmarks to the store so you know which items you've already bought without needing to check the status screen.

- Assorted little bug fixes. Didn't have as much time as I would've liked to do this; will probably make more significant inroads next week. There are a fair few bugs I'd like to stomp out.

Pre-Alpha 3.5 fixes a few of the issues above and smooths out the gallery stuff, so if the bugs bother you, I suggest jumping on Patreon and snagging that. As for new content...


Ooo, is that another ability animation? Why, it is! The last of them are in the game! But that's not all...


Hmmm. Those look like... unlockables... almost... almost like... New Game Plus unlockables... (Yes, okay, they're mainly stat boosts for unlocking endings, but... that's pretty sweet, no...?)

1 comment:

  1. Sooo. Is there any tutorial about these? Im kinda sucker for a achievements. :D

    ReplyDelete