ANYWAY. New build! What to expect:
- Hard Mode isn't complete, but the prize for embarking 'ponst it is: a new area, as hinted. I'll let those brave souls who want to try it out give the place a go. You won't unlock it until fairly late in the game, and it's for aesthetics only, but I tried to make the prize well worth the effort. Plan to add more animations to it in the future, as well; for the moment there are four. Click the picture to make a new picture pop up without having to leave the screen. (Should really remove the randomization aspect of this, and will. Eventually.)
I've realized since release of this build that the Hard Mode area will unlock in any mode. Way to go, Sexums. That's fixed in the latest build. Enjoy it for now, I guess.
- (Hard Mode also is appreciably harder, since you don't get stat boosts and the rent is higher. So...maybe it's done? Maybe I shouldn't make it impossible? We'll see.)
- The sewers have been overhauled dramatically. You can now choose from one of three paths, each of which has its own share of monsters. The limit left on how long you have in the sewers is now displayed on the screen, as are your stats. There are also 60 new 'encounters', more or less, which rely on your stats for resolution. Have fun!
I may change the prizes you get from delving into the sewers and making it all the way through the paths in the future. Or at the very least I'll randomize what you can get.
- Speaking of the sewers, there are three more monsters. One of them is more of a joke monster that should amuse D&D fans / nerds in general.
- Amelia has her 'filling in' animation. Missed it last time. Whoopsie.
- Last, a few new backgrounds. Yup.
As for next weeeeek...
... well, decisions, decisions. MOST of the stuff pertains to the six lovers, including items that relate to each of them - and a way to lose them. Permanently. (Okay, semi-permanently.) There are a ton of new cut scenes, two new animations, two new endings, a new battle, and lotsa tweaks. I would put an image up, but, spoilers, dood. Spoilers.
We're closing in on the finish line, slowly but surely. Enjoy!