2.5.2! This release was technically rather complex, so I needed to go back and fix some stuff. (The .2 was in anticipation of at least one other release last week, but it didn't happen. Lucky.) The highlights:
- New items in the store. Six of them. Does that number seem familiar at all? It should. Each one has an effect on things listed below. Each item will also unlock one extra animation per NPC, though I haven't finished most of them yet. Only Guy's got done.
I suspect these items will probably annoy people at first, as they essentially put a roadblock in front of the NPCs. They're going to do more in the future, so... you'll just have to grin and bear it at this point.
- The lovers all have extra scenes which may or may not go well, depending on your purchases. If they don't go well...
- The aftermath of the battle with Big D is quite different if you fight him with significant NPC interactions, and the game may not end depending on your choices. This choice will also, ultimately, be tied into which NPC will appear in the game's 'best' ending, which, at the moment, doesn't exist. Soon!
- Some of the conversations outlined above change depending on which items you own and which NPCs are involved. Sound confusing? It is!
- There are two new endings, and one new battle. I'll let you find 'em on your own. (Hint: Play badly. But not too badly. Savvy? I don't think many people will see one of the endings unless they really go looking for it.)
- Messed with the numbers in many ways. It takes fewer visits to the church and strip club to get to Amelia and Sew's homes, for example. Wanted to compress the experience a little. Chances are good y'all won't notice these changes too much.
- The Leave button on the horse races can no longer be used when you've lost a bet. I swear that wasn't an issue in earlier releases, but... alas...
- Fixed Mindy's dialogue in the shop. Yay.
Aaaaaaaas for the preview...
HOBOFIIIIIGHTS! A new area where you can earn cash (and occasional prizes) for beating the shit out of hobos. And if you lose? Well, the result is predictable. Also included are two more animations tied to items, a status screen, aaaaaand a new icon on the city map. Oooo...!