>

Monday 28 August 2017

Simply Mindy 1.8.0 / 2.0.0 Preview / Hiatus

Howdy, y'all. Sorry for the late arrival. I wound up going waaaaay overboard on 2.0.0. We'll talk about that in a bit. First, the freebie.

1.8.0

This week's build brings in the second-to-last job in the game: a Cabaret / Burlesque establishment, meshed into a single monstrosity I call the 'Cabaresque'. I've typed that word so many times now that I think it's real. At any rate, you'll get the following in this build vis a vie the Cabaresque:

- A new NPC, and the first of her sexy sexy animations if you decide to woo her (which you should - this build has a 'No' option, and it leads to a stone wall);
- Six out of eight seasonal animations for the Cabaresque itself - turns out drawing sprites that sway seductively in circles is really damned hard, so I didn't get all of 'em done;
- The first bit of Cabaresque storyline; and
- Off to the side, the rest of Ink's sex animations. Remember Ink? The teacher in green? Really likes anal? He continues to like anal.

Also included are several fixes - the Seduction animations should all be fixed now, I added a clock to the dungeons so you get a better sense of how much time you have left, the spa background appearing in the gallery is fixed, and a bunch of other little things got fixes. I also cut down on the file size fairly substantially, so loading shouldn't take too long - thoooough with the latest builds it's creeping way back up there again. Mo animations, mo problems.



2.0.0 Preview

Hawt, right? Hawt.

Though I'm actually still working on the goddamned thing, 2.0.0 is on the verge of completion. Just testing the scenarios at this point. Should be done by the time most of you show up. I've barely slept in the last three days, and have lived off pop, toast, old noodles, and Cheetos. I think I can see through time.

2.0.0 is pretty fucking massive from a storyline standpoint, as it features not one but two completed storylines, both branching as usual. Newcomer Seu from the Cabaresque is now done, and good ol' Farmer John is also finished. You'll get the following if you chip into my Patreon:

- Nine new goddamned endings;
- Five new battles, two of which are incorporated into the DirtFeast brothel;
- Enough fresh witty / retarded writing to fit into a novel; and
- The tattered shreds of my sleep schedule. It is dust, my friends, dust.

Yep. Looks like a small list, but there's a looooot of extra game play in this one. If you enjoy my stupid stories, you should like this build. $2!

Hiatus

Yes, that dreaded word. WooooOooooOoo! Scary.

Don't worry. My hiatus is actually more of a vacation. September is only going to have one build, around this same time next month. Two reasons why:

- I need a fuckin' vacation. I'm beat. Especially after 2.0.0. I want to unhook for a while and not be a dirty, dirty dev. Four or five days completely disconnected from Simply Mindy should do.

- 2.1.0 is going to be the third dungeon. Considering all the shit I added to the combat system with the second dungeon, and all the other stuff besides, I imagine I'm going to need at least an extra week to get it up to spec. My level of spec, anyway, which is... something. So I'll skip the next build and just shove, like, three and a bit weeks' of work into 2.1.0. Should be lotsa fun.

Ayup. Hope y'all enjoy 1.8.0 in the meantime, and perhaps even 2.0.0, if you are kind enough to hurl some internet monies at me. Enjoy!


4 comments: